I am linking up with Kacey at Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday. Oh my gosh, it was so hard to go back to school this week. We had 3 weeks off for Winter Break - 2 weeks for the break and 1 week of furlough days. I was lucky enough to spend all of my break in Hawaii visiting hubby. I missed the first day back this week, because of the airfare being so expensive.
1. Notice the orange tag on my suitcase. I could barely lift the suitcase up. I am pretty sure that it was over the 50 pound limit. The secret is having a porter weigh your luggage, lol. There wasn't very much clothes in the suitcase, just lots of treasures that I brought home.
2. I, seriously, missed my grandson a ton. I wanted to fly home everyday just to kiss on him. He grew so big when I was gone. I have been hugging and kissing him everyday when I get home from school. I got to play with him, all by myself, Thursday night since his mom went back to work. Heaven.
3. We worked on our January calendar work on Tuesday. The kids really enjoyed it. I missed my students a lot this break. Sandy Hook hit me hard, like all of us. I just wanted to let them be kids. There were lots of hugs and laughing, this week.
4. Next Friday, we are having a "Mittens and Marshmallows" day. So I made an opposite book for them to work on. I am almost done with it.
5. We adopted this little girl. It has been about 10 years since we have had a pet in our house. She is adorable and super smart. She has us wrapped around her finger. The best part, she is already house broken.
Have a great weekend! I am going to sleep, play with baby, take the dog for a walk (if it warms up) and unpack my suitcase. My hubby had the nerve to text me this morning and tell me that it was cold in Hawaii (what, 70 degrees). Babe, it was 28 degrees this morning when I left for work - in California. I am not feeling sorry for you.