Friday, March 7, 2014

Five for Friday - March 7


I am linking up for Five for Friday



I made a Dr. Seuss sensory bin using blue rice and red alphabet pasta (which is really hard to find)


This has been out all week and yesterday, one of my little ones said, "Hey, there are letters in this stuff - how did you do that."  This is pretty funny, especially since I told them at the beginning of the week.  I guess we need to work on our listening skills, lol.


I added pompoms, fish crackers, plastic green eggs and Seuss erasers (that I found at Target in the Dollar Spot).  I am sure that this will be a bin that I will keep adding as I find goodies.





We made these headbands for Dr. Seuss' birthday.  It was the perfect project for my TK kids.  The cutting was a little challenging, but most of them did great.  We need more cutting practice.


I used Melonheadz's new clipart, adorable.  Then, we talked about patterns.  One of them told his older brother, "I bet you didn't know, but this is an A-B pattern."  I was in shock because he wasn't paying attention during the discussion - since he had just punched someone.  It is good to know that they do listen.







My newest shawl that I started knitting this week.  I haven't been knitting for awhile, so it felt good starting something new.  This just makes me happy.




My son took us to Yard House for my birthday dinner.  It was wonderful.  You know that you have done something right as a parent, when you sit down at a nice restaurant and your adult son picks up the tab.  I didn't want him too, but he did.  I love getting a gift that involves spending time with someone that I love.

I am very blessed to have wonderful children and grandchildren



My oldest grand daughter is in 6th grade. The student advisor asked  me to help with the decorations for her 6th grade promotion dance.  I, of course, said yes.

My heart did a leap.

I shed a few tears.

Because my precious grand daughter is growing up.  This girl is amazing and beautiful.  I am so proud of her.  
But, this girl wanted her grandma to help with the dance.

So, the theme is black and white.  I am sure my mind will be spinning this weekend.  But, if you have any ideas - please share.


Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Terri, I'm so excited to have found your blog today! I've been looking for a headband to use with my Dr. Seuss theme. I have an adult daughter, and I have to admit she has not taken me out to dinner yet, but she's still completing college. So maybe one of these days! :) You're very lucky to have such a wonderful family. My husband just made me a subtraction robot. If you have a moment, stop by my blog and take a look at it.

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    Teaching with Sight

    ReplyDelete